No Line on the Horizon

My journey to become a United States Sailor.

Silliness and Strains


Well its been several days since my last post but good lord have I been busy!

On the 17th I headed home to Indiana to stay with my parents for a week and 2 days. I stayed for a week last year and didn't make plans with anyone before I arrives. So I ended up being bored silly because all of my friends had other plans or had to work. This year I made plans ahead and was so busy it was ridiculous. But it was great. I had a really good time spending so much time with family and friends.

So I'm back now and even though I ran a couple of times while I was up in Indiana I've kinda dropped off of that for the time being. One of the things I really wanted to do this summer was to get back to the Y and take advantage of their workout classes. Monday I did Hip Hop Hustle which was like Zumba had sex with Usher. I also managed to mysteriously pull something in my calf over the weekend so that hurt like hell the whole time. It was fun though but because of my calf I was VERY ready for it to end by the time it did.

Yesterday I did Matworks which is basically Pilates with a touch of Yoga for good measure. That went fairly well considering that the one and only other time I did it a couple of weeks ago I thought I was going to cry. I can definitely tell that I've improved. I think this is really going to help my core strength develop. There are a LOT of core stability poses and stretches. You know the kind of thing where you shake like jello trying to hold it? Which is why I was a little miffed last night when my husband scoffed at what I had done and told me it was "recreational". He also refused to try it himself. Nice. I'll remember that when I'm at my Navy fitness peak and I can bench press him. Of course he tried to back out of it and said that he was just saying that the fact that I have the summer off was recreational. Um...sure dear...dig the hole.

So anyhow I was really disappointed this morning when I woke up and my calf was really hurting. I went ahead and texted the friend I was going to Zumba with and told her that I was going to have to beg out. I hate to do that. Its just that I pushed through the pain Monday and Tuesday and I guess it didn't help the situation out much. I might have to consider getting a heating pad. I think this type of strain or whatever requires heat, right?

On totally random note I'm sitting here reading about how the USS Oak Hill is putting in at Boston today. That must be really cool, especially for the sailors on board. I really can't wait for that kind of experience.

In my next post I'll try to talk about some of the rates that I'm interested in.

Until then!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment