No Line on the Horizon

My journey to become a United States Sailor.

I wonder whats gonna happen to you..

Something is about to give
I can feel it coming
I think I know what it means

I'm not afraid to die

I'm not afraid to live
And when I'm flat on my back
I hope to feel like I did

And hardness, it sets in

You need some protection, the thinner the skin

I want you to know

That you don't need me anymore
I want you to know
You don't need anyone or anything at all

Who's to say where the wind will take you?

Who's to say what it is will break you?
I don't know which way the wind will blow
Who's to know when the time has come around?
Don't wanna see you cry
I know that this is not goodbye

In summer, I can taste the salty sea

There's a kite blowing out of control on a breeze
I wonder what's gonna happen to you
You wonder what has happened to me ...



I'm worried and I need to share this.

My Mom has been having some health troubles for many months now. I thank God all the time that she was able to quit smoking after, I think, nearly 40 years. I begged her to quite since I can remember. It broke my heart that, when I was working at a CVS just after HS, she came in the front door while I was at the back of the store and I heard her cough and knew that she was in the store.

She doesn't really seem to cough anymore, but instead of her health improving after she quit it got worse. Several years ago she told me that Doctors had told her she had pre-emphysema and that it was mild.

Now, after many trips to a pulmonologist to see why she just can't breath, we've finally gotten some answers. The nurse yesterday when calling about Mom's catscan results asked her if she knew about the emphysema. Mom said, "Yeah but I was told its pre-emphysema and mild." The nurse said, "No. Actually its moderate to severe."

My husband, having had family members who have had this disease, told me (not to be blunt) but that I needed to start preparing myself for the worst. He said that emphysema is a progressive disease and even though quitting smoking slows it down it doesn't stop it.

Mom's on at least two inhalers every day and right now is hooked up to a heart monitor at home.

I just don't know what to think. I need to read more about emphysema. I think that my Mom is either unaware of the seriousness of this or she's in denial.

My heart aches and I'm praying for God to heal her and to not take her from me early. I would deeply appreciate your prayers as well.

-Gina



1 comments:

Gina, everything will be fine, it might not end how you would like it to, but in the end SHE will be fine, and due to her peace YOU will be fine. Shes taking the right precautions so you guys can applaude her and yourself for being there on that one.
Have Faith G,
Its the only way to get through rough happening with just a mere understanding of why.

If you need anyone to talk to, im here.

My abuelo died when i was 12 or 13 from alzhiemers. He at the beginning was also in denial. But when he came to accept him we started to help him on how to remember things.

 

Post a Comment